The Bishop Consolidated Independent School District is hosting a workshop next week to discuss the federal programs in which the district participates.
The district plans to participate in the following Federal Programs during the 2019-2020 school year:
• Title I, Part A: Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Education Agencies
• Title I, Part C: Migrant Education
• Title I, Part D: Prevention and intervention Programs for Children and Youth who are Neglected, Delinquent, or At-Risk
• Title II, Part A: Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting (TPTR)
• Title III, Part A: English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement and Academic Achievement
• Title IV, Part A: SSAEP
• Title I, Part C: Carl D. Perkins
Teachers, paraprofessionals, principals, other school personnel, parents, community members and business representatives are invited to the 2019-20 Consolidated Application meeting on Monday, July 8 at 5:30 p.m.
The focus of this meeting, to be held at the Bishop CISD Superintendent’s Office located at 719 E. Sixth Street, will include input into the preparation of the application for funding.
A key focus will be the coordination and integration of these funding sources and programs into the educational system of Bishop CISD.
Additionally, staff from Bishop CISD will present parents of Bishop CISD with a draft of a Title I, Part A Parental Involvement Policy and School/Parent Compact/Pledge.
The district is seeking input for these two documents to ensure that parent involvement in Bishop CISD continues to be high.
For more information, call the school office at (361) 584-3591, Ext. 260.